Prize drawing at the Freelancers Happy Hour during ACES 2019 in Providence, Rhode Island. (Photo by James Harbeck)
The Freelancers Happy Hour is back, and we are excited!
The ACES conference experience just isn’t the same without freelance editors gathering to chat and nosh. Thanks to That Word Chat, the Freelancers Happy Hour will be held virtually on Thursday, April 22, 5:30–7:00 pm. We’ll bring the prizes, you’ll bring your favorite happy hour apps and drinks! (We may even award a prize for the best app plate or creative drink.)
Networking is crucial to a freelance editor’s career, and the Freelancers Happy Hour is a low-pressure way to meet other freelance editors. We’ll meet on Zoom and break out into smaller groups for short chats.
SIGN UP HERE
Winners will be selected at random from those in the room at the time of the drawing. You must be present to win.
• Copyediting’s Grammar Tune-Up Workbook by Erin Brenner, donated by Right Touch Editing
• That Word Chat "Let's Have a Word Chat" coffee mug
• A one-hour "Pick My Brain" session with Malini Devadas
• A signed copy of Juggling on a High Wire by Laura Poole
• A one-year subscription to The Chicago Manual of Style online
• The Subversive Copy Editor (ebook or audiobook), by Carol Fisher Saller
• One-year subscription to the AP Stylebook online
• One-year subscription to an AP Stylebook style-checking tool of your choice
• A signed copy of The Body Politic: A Parable for the Twenty-first Century, by Andy Hollandbeck
• Three books by James Harbeck: Songs of Love and Grammar, Confessions of a Word Lush, and 12 Gifts for Writers
• Notebooks from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com
• A signed copy of Grammar Girl Presents the Ultimate Writing Guide for Students by Mignon Fogarty
• An electronic version of the pending book, Midlife, donated by Iva Cheung
• A bespoke, four-panel cartoon by Iva Cheung
• A Punderdome card game donated by Amy Schneider
• The Conscious Language Toolkit for Editors by Crystal Shelley
• Elements of Indigenous Style, donated by Cythia Williams
• Karin Cather's From Contact to Contract: How Editors Get Clients to Work With, from Editors Canada
Copyright 2020 Mark Allen Editorial LLC
Send me a note at email@example.com about your editing or training needs.